Looking for a way to impress your friends and family with delicious Paleo brunch / breakfast ideas? Well, you really cannot go past these super easy, super quick Bacon and Egg Muffins.
Simply crisp up some bacon in a muffin tray, crack in an egg, season with salt and pepper and perhaps a sprinkle of cheese and bake for 18 – 20 minutes in the oven and you are done! We have made these quite a few times when we have guests over because they are a set and forget type dish yet they never fail to impress. I just love how easy and delicious they are! You can find any number of recipes for these muffins floating around the internet. Hubby and I have perfected ours by using baking paper to prevent a messy clean up from eggs stuck to the bottom of the tray, using the eye of the bacon rather than the whole rasher which makes a neater muffin ‘cup’ and generously seasoning the muffins with salt and pepper. Lining the tray with baking paper also means no oil is required – bonus! Yum!!!
INGREDIENTS (for one muffin)
. one large rindless eye bacon
. one free range, organic egg
. salt and pepper
. grated cheese to top, optional
1. Cut out a square of baking paper large enough to cover muffin cup
2. Place the bacon on top of the baking paper in the tray, it may be necessary to trim the bacon if there is overhang. Place the trimmmed bacon around the top of the tin to create a ‘perfect muffin case’.
3. Pop the tray into the oven at 180 dc for 5 minutes to crisp the bacon
4. Remove and crack in an egg, season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with cheese, if using
5. Bake for 18 – 20 minutes until done to your liking
I didn’t manage to get a photo of the end product as I was too busy tucking in. They are really delish!
…….. Well, I just made these again and this time I added a thin slice of tomato on top of the bacon – oh my goodness, I’m a genius! Classic eggs, bacon and tomato breakfast in a handy muffin sized portion. Yummo! And I even got a photo this time 🙂